For those with a taste for schadenfreude, one of the highlights of June 30’s BET Awards broadcast was undoubtedly seeing the bezel fall off Ace Hood‘s “Rolex” watch. Needless to say, his jeweler has since been sacked. On new street single Before the Rollie, Ace deals with the PR side of the scandal, emphasizing that, regardless of the presence or absence of his $60,000 timepiece (or its provenance), he’s still the same man. Sonny Digital‘s trap percussion and twinkling synth/bell loops back the Panhandle State representative as he assures listeners, “Ain’t sh*t changed but a rap deal.” Another street mainstay who hasn’t forgotten where he came from, Trials and Tribulations LP when it hits record stores and online retailers this Tuesday, 7/16, via We the Best/Cash Money/Republic.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.