For those with a taste for schadenfreude, one of the highlights of June 30’s BET Awards broadcast was undoubtedly seeing the bezel fall off Ace Hood‘s “Rolex” watch. Needless to say, his jeweler has since been sacked. On new street single Before the Rollie, Ace deals with the PR side of the scandal, emphasizing that, regardless of the presence or absence of his $60,000 timepiece (or its provenance), he’s still the same man. Sonny Digital‘s trap percussion and twinkling synth/bell loops back the Panhandle State representative as he assures listeners, “Ain’t sh*t changed but a rap deal.” Another street mainstay who hasn’t forgotten where he came from, Trials and Tribulations LP when it hits record stores and online retailers this Tuesday, 7/16, via We the Best/Cash Money/Republic.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Panhandle State street mainstay Ace Hood has blessed our eardrums with his latest album-length collection of original material, the Trials and Tribulations LP. The artist's senior set, and his first project since moving from...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.