For those with a taste for schadenfreude, one of the highlights of June 30’s BET Awards broadcast was undoubtedly seeing the bezel fall off Ace Hood‘s “Rolex” watch. Needless to say, his jeweler has since been sacked. On new street single Before the Rollie, Ace deals with the PR side of the scandal, emphasizing that, regardless of the presence or absence of his $60,000 timepiece (or its provenance), he’s still the same man. Sonny Digital‘s trap percussion and twinkling synth/bell loops back the Panhandle State representative as he assures listeners, “Ain’t sh*t changed but a rap deal.” Another street mainstay who hasn’t forgotten where he came from, Trials and Tribulations LP when it hits record stores and online retailers this Tuesday, 7/16, via We the Best/Cash Money/Republic.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.