For those with a taste for schadenfreude, one of the highlights of June 30’s BET Awards broadcast was undoubtedly seeing the bezel fall off Ace Hood‘s “Rolex” watch. Needless to say, his jeweler has since been sacked. On new street single Before the Rollie, Ace deals with the PR side of the scandal, emphasizing that, regardless of the presence or absence of his $60,000 timepiece (or its provenance), he’s still the same man. Sonny Digital‘s trap percussion and twinkling synth/bell loops back the Panhandle State representative as he assures listeners, “Ain’t sh*t changed but a rap deal.” Another street mainstay who hasn’t forgotten where he came from, Trials and Tribulations LP when it hits record stores and online retailers this Tuesday, 7/16, via We the Best/Cash Money/Republic.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Cash Flow" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.