In the early 20th Century, French psychologist Émile Coué rose to prominence based on his pioneering use of the power of autosuggestion, most famously in the form of self-affirming statements like, “In every day, in every way, I’m getting Better and Better.” The technique has received a lot of mockery over the years (remember Stuart Smalley?), but its appeal has certainly been enduring. Today, on a newly-released EP inclusion, Ace B8gie uses the above mentioned mantra to pump him up to succeed in the rap game—and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t work. Over Plainro‘s bass-bumping rhythm section and quietly-determined piano loops, he exhibits plenty of confidence, not to mention showcasing some impeccable high-speed flows. Agree with Ace’s self-assessment? If so, you can expect more quality tunes—each better than the last—on the DJBooth-hosted Endorphins, the latest entry in the artist’s Crazy 8’s series of eight-track EPs.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Heart Of The City TV-directed Better and Better visual.
Written by richard on 12/1/12
Windy City emcee ACE B8gie has come together with Chicago-based tastemaker site RubyHornet.com and The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest street release, the Endorphin Extended Play. The inaugural installment in Ace's...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On My Soul" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.