In the early 20th Century, French psychologist Émile Coué rose to prominence based on his pioneering use of the power of autosuggestion, most famously in the form of self-affirming statements like, “In every day, in every way, I’m getting Better and Better.” The technique has received a lot of mockery over the years (remember Stuart Smalley?), but its appeal has certainly been enduring. Today, on a newly-released EP inclusion, Ace B8gie uses the above mentioned mantra to pump him up to succeed in the rap game—and I’ll be damned if it doesn’t work. Over Plainro‘s bass-bumping rhythm section and quietly-determined piano loops, he exhibits plenty of confidence, not to mention showcasing some impeccable high-speed flows. Agree with Ace’s self-assessment? If so, you can expect more quality tunes—each better than the last—on the DJBooth-hosted Endorphins, the latest entry in the artist’s Crazy 8’s series of eight-track EPs.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Heart Of The City TV-directed Better and Better visual.
Written by richard on 12/1/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On My Soul" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.