I Killed the Future President, the inaugural song release off AC‘s next street album, offered a harrowing glimpse into the artist’s guilt-stricken psyche following the abortion of what would have been his firstborn. Though that trauma lingers on in the background of the follow-up, Still Breathing reveals a light at the end of that long, dark tunnel. With C4 Sinistah‘s Chipmunk sample work banging in the back, AC acknowledges that, though he’s been buffeted by professional struggles and personal tragedy of late, the fact that he’s still alive means that he will come out the other end a stronger man. For more lyrical, defiantly real new material, check out the artist’s Courtesy of a Nightmare album when it hits iTunes next Wednesday, October 31.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.