I Killed the Future President, the inaugural song release off AC‘s next street album, offered a harrowing glimpse into the artist’s guilt-stricken psyche following the abortion of what would have been his firstborn. Though that trauma lingers on in the background of the follow-up, Still Breathing reveals a light at the end of that long, dark tunnel. With C4 Sinistah‘s Chipmunk sample work banging in the back, AC acknowledges that, though he’s been buffeted by professional struggles and personal tragedy of late, the fact that he’s still alive means that he will come out the other end a stronger man. For more lyrical, defiantly real new material, check out the artist’s Courtesy of a Nightmare album when it hits iTunes next Wednesday, October 31.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.