I Killed the Future President, the inaugural song release off AC‘s next street album, offered a harrowing glimpse into the artist’s guilt-stricken psyche following the abortion of what would have been his firstborn. Though that trauma lingers on in the background of the follow-up, Still Breathing reveals a light at the end of that long, dark tunnel. With C4 Sinistah‘s Chipmunk sample work banging in the back, AC acknowledges that, though he’s been buffeted by professional struggles and personal tragedy of late, the fact that he’s still alive means that he will come out the other end a stronger man. For more lyrical, defiantly real new material, check out the artist’s Courtesy of a Nightmare album when it hits iTunes next Wednesday, October 31.
Written by richard on 10/19/12
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.