“Yo, these dudes is doing a lot of commercial tracks, but they ain’t doin’ tracks from commercials!” Confused? Don’t be, that’s just Staten Island representative AC letting the public know they might recognize New Soul‘s sample from hearing it on TV. More precisely, producer Phenom J Glaze deftly manages to weave in the intro to folksinger Yael Naim’s hit ‘08 single of the same name (used in Apple’s MacBook Air laptop commercials). As it turns out, Yael’s voice is perfect to get AC ready to spit bars as to how, since he’s a newcomer in hip-hop, he doesn’t have the big stacks other rappers constantly brag about. However, if you listen to his lyrical style, there is little doubt that old-school hip-hop heads will find plenty to like about AC.
Written by Burmy on 03/26/08
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.