“Yo, these dudes is doing a lot of commercial tracks, but they ain’t doin’ tracks from commercials!” Confused? Don’t be, that’s just Staten Island representative AC letting the public know they might recognize New Soul‘s sample from hearing it on TV. More precisely, producer Phenom J Glaze deftly manages to weave in the intro to folksinger Yael Naim’s hit ‘08 single of the same name (used in Apple’s MacBook Air laptop commercials). As it turns out, Yael’s voice is perfect to get AC ready to spit bars as to how, since he’s a newcomer in hip-hop, he doesn’t have the big stacks other rappers constantly brag about. However, if you listen to his lyrical style, there is little doubt that old-school hip-hop heads will find plenty to like about AC.
Listen to More: AC
Written by Burmy on 03/26/08
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.