“Yo, these dudes is doing a lot of commercial tracks, but they ain’t doin’ tracks from commercials!” Confused? Don’t be, that’s just Staten Island representative AC letting the public know they might recognize New Soul‘s sample from hearing it on TV. More precisely, producer Phenom J Glaze deftly manages to weave in the intro to folksinger Yael Naim’s hit ‘08 single of the same name (used in Apple’s MacBook Air laptop commercials). As it turns out, Yael’s voice is perfect to get AC ready to spit bars as to how, since he’s a newcomer in hip-hop, he doesn’t have the big stacks other rappers constantly brag about. However, if you listen to his lyrical style, there is little doubt that old-school hip-hop heads will find plenty to like about AC.
Written by Burmy on 03/26/08
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.