“Yo, these dudes is doing a lot of commercial tracks, but they ain’t doin’ tracks from commercials!” Confused? Don’t be, that’s just Staten Island representative AC letting the public know they might recognize New Soul‘s sample from hearing it on TV. More precisely, producer Phenom J Glaze deftly manages to weave in the intro to folksinger Yael Naim’s hit ‘08 single of the same name (used in Apple’s MacBook Air laptop commercials). As it turns out, Yael’s voice is perfect to get AC ready to spit bars as to how, since he’s a newcomer in hip-hop, he doesn’t have the big stacks other rappers constantly brag about. However, if you listen to his lyrical style, there is little doubt that old-school hip-hop heads will find plenty to like about AC.
Written by Burmy on 03/26/08
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.