“Yo, these dudes is doing a lot of commercial tracks, but they ain’t doin’ tracks from commercials!” Confused? Don’t be, that’s just Staten Island representative AC letting the public know they might recognize New Soul‘s sample from hearing it on TV. More precisely, producer Phenom J Glaze deftly manages to weave in the intro to folksinger Yael Naim’s hit ‘08 single of the same name (used in Apple’s MacBook Air laptop commercials). As it turns out, Yael’s voice is perfect to get AC ready to spit bars as to how, since he’s a newcomer in hip-hop, he doesn’t have the big stacks other rappers constantly brag about. However, if you listen to his lyrical style, there is little doubt that old-school hip-hop heads will find plenty to like about AC.
Listen to More: AC Written by Burmy
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.