Back in ‘98, Big Pun crafted one of the finest collisions of alliteration (OK, consonance) and assonance in the history of hip-hop: “Dead in the middle of Little Italy, Little Did We Know that we riddled a middleman who didn’t do diddly.” Clearly a fan of tongue-twisters, Booth favorite (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) AC spends the lead single off his new “buzztape” rapping over that classic line, as sampled by adventurous beatsmith Hasan Insane. Over the unconventionally catchy instrumental, the Staten Island rapper does Punisher proud, delivering verses packed with intricately-rhymed lyrical gems of his own (“They see the kid who live in Stat, is in fact, bridgin’ gaps, driven’ through that sh*t that you givin’, I’m finna spit it back.”) and even dropping a few bars en Español. Has this blast from the past got you craving more from the Big Apple underground mainstay? If so, remember to pick up a copy of Send the Scouts Out when it drops next month. In the meantime, watch for this single’s official video, coming soon!
Written by richard on 05/26/10
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.