Back in ‘98, Big Pun crafted one of the finest collisions of alliteration (OK, consonance) and assonance in the history of hip-hop: “Dead in the middle of Little Italy, Little Did We Know that we riddled a middleman who didn’t do diddly.” Clearly a fan of tongue-twisters, Booth favorite (and exclusive freestyle series contributor) AC spends the lead single off his new “buzztape” rapping over that classic line, as sampled by adventurous beatsmith Hasan Insane. Over the unconventionally catchy instrumental, the Staten Island rapper does Punisher proud, delivering verses packed with intricately-rhymed lyrical gems of his own (“They see the kid who live in Stat, is in fact, bridgin’ gaps, driven’ through that sh*t that you givin’, I’m finna spit it back.”) and even dropping a few bars en Español. Has this blast from the past got you craving more from the Big Apple underground mainstay? If so, remember to pick up a copy of Send the Scouts Out when it drops next month. In the meantime, watch for this single’s official video, coming soon!
Listen to More: AC
Written by richard on 05/26/10
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.