The DJBooth is proud to premiere a song whose title may catch you off guard at first, but dig deeper and you’ll find something much different than a jab at November’s eventual victor. New York emcee AC goes deep into a topic hip-hop rarely explores; the national debate against or for abortion rights. I Killed The Future President, of course, refers to the abortion of what would have been his child, whose possible life goes onto haunt AC. The deep, ominous beat by AC’s close production partner C4 Sinistah acts as the perfect backdrop as the artist delves into his deepest thoughts and feelings with brutal honesty. It may not be the next club banger, but the last thing we need is another club banger. For more fearlessly honest hip-hop be sure to look out for his upcoming Courtesy of a Nightmare album, available for sale via The DJBooth on October 31.
Written by Thomas K Welker on 10/10/12
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.