Staten Island, New York native AC may be more well-known for his lyrical side than his imaginative side, but he doesn’t hesitate in putting his imagination to work on his Courtesy of a Nightmare record Can You Imagine as he attempts to imagine things just a little differently. The emcee keeps the “what if’s” light as he raps, “Imagine lying in bed, knowing you created something” before getting deeper as he comments, “Now look at pictures of the towers and imagine there was no religion.” The powerful content on Can You Imagine is brought home by the vocals of Moroccan crooner Uness and the addition of intriguing vocal commentary from the late Steve Jobs. The C4 Sinistah-produced record serves as the third single from the spitter’s forthcoming Courtesy of a Nightmare album, which is due out on October 30.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.