Damn, talk about a back story. AC, the Staten Island emcee and infamous DJBooth Freestyle alum we last heard hard rhyming on About No One, strikes a much more melancholy tone on his new single Angel, a record that serves as a dedication to Lina Morgana, the tragically killed up-and-coming singer whose style and sound her mother claims Lady Gaga stole to craft her superstar career. A re-working of Morgana’s material (that’s her on the vocals), Angel find producer J. Glaze updating the original beat (by Rob Fusari) into a melancholy hip-hop jam that still strikes an appropriately mournful tone. And while I’m more familiar with AC’s more aggressive work, his deeply lyrical work here has given me a new appreciation for his rhyme abilities: “There are some souls that can’t be saved / watch my angel fly away.” Is it just me or is it getting a little dusty in here? Angel isn’t part of a larger project (yet), but it’s only a matter of time before the hard-working AC has another track for us. Keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/21/10
Submit your Rating
Rare Unlimited Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What You Sippin' On?" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.