Like your rhymes and beats heavy on the low frequencies? Then Balance Both, the first Booth feature from Abdominal and the Obliques, is your jam. The opening track off the T-Dot live-band crew’s latest studio album, this freshly-released single sees baritone rhymesayer Abdominal trading verses with one of the few emcees in the game who can lay claim to an even deeper flow. That’s right—Jurassic 5 alumnus Chali 2na jumps on Colin Kingsmore and Andrew Frost‘s mellow, guitar-led beat to assist the crew’s frontman in heaping ridicule on “falsetto emcees” who sound like they’re still waiting on puberty. Feeling it? You can find this cut and many more low-key bangers on the group’s Sitting Music LP, available in stores and online as of September 4.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.