Like your rhymes and beats heavy on the low frequencies? Then Balance Both, the first Booth feature from Abdominal and the Obliques, is your jam. The opening track off the T-Dot live-band crew’s latest studio album, this freshly-released single sees baritone rhymesayer Abdominal trading verses with one of the few emcees in the game who can lay claim to an even deeper flow. That’s right—Jurassic 5 alumnus Chali 2na jumps on Colin Kingsmore and Andrew Frost‘s mellow, guitar-led beat to assist the crew’s frontman in heaping ridicule on “falsetto emcees” who sound like they’re still waiting on puberty. Feeling it? You can find this cut and many more low-key bangers on the group’s Sitting Music LP, available in stores and online as of September 4.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.