Like your rhymes and beats heavy on the low frequencies? Then Balance Both, the first Booth feature from Abdominal and the Obliques, is your jam. The opening track off the T-Dot live-band crew’s latest studio album, this freshly-released single sees baritone rhymesayer Abdominal trading verses with one of the few emcees in the game who can lay claim to an even deeper flow. That’s right—Jurassic 5 alumnus Chali 2na jumps on Colin Kingsmore and Andrew Frost‘s mellow, guitar-led beat to assist the crew’s frontman in heaping ridicule on “falsetto emcees” who sound like they’re still waiting on puberty. Feeling it? You can find this cut and many more low-key bangers on the group’s Sitting Music LP, available in stores and online as of September 4.
Written by richard on 12/19/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.