As often happens to artists with high standards, Ab-Soul had a few songs left over after putting the finishing touches on his most recent TDE album—some of which were plenty good enough to make it onto the final tracklist. In the case of To the Max, it was an unclearable sample that prevented it from claiming its rightful spot. Luckily, Ab gave producer Statik Selektah the go-ahead to release the cut, which finds the emcee reflecting on the triumphs and travails of fame in a dedication to incarcerated rapper Max B over his colleague’s spacey guitar loops and syncopated percussion. #TheseDays is available now for full streaming in the Booth. Watch for Statik Selektah’s next LP, What Goes Around, to hit stores later this month.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.