Ab-Soul has seen the future, and it ain’t looking too bright… for sucker emcees, anyway. On new promo single The End Is Near, the TDE solider informs his competition that they aren’t long for this world. After prophesying the lames’ demise, he goes ahead and drops one of the coldest punchlines I’ve heard in a minute: “I’m a king and I smoke a lot of weed / That makes sense: it’s bout 33 ounces in a liter (leader).” Fellow indie heavyweight Mac Miller does double-duty on the guest tip, producing the joint’s hazy instrumental under his Larry Fisherman alias and contributing some blunted lyrical flames on the back. Did Ab-Soul and his partner-in-rhyme kill it? I think I know the answer but, as always, readers get to lay down the final verdict. Those feeling this record can, of course, keep it locked for further freshness from both collaborators.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.