Ab-Soul has seen the future, and it ain’t looking too bright… for sucker emcees, anyway. On new promo single The End Is Near, the TDE solider informs his competition that they aren’t long for this world. After prophesying the lames’ demise, he goes ahead and drops one of the coldest punchlines I’ve heard in a minute: “I’m a king and I smoke a lot of weed / That makes sense: it’s bout 33 ounces in a liter (leader).” Fellow indie heavyweight Mac Miller does double-duty on the guest tip, producing the joint’s hazy instrumental under his Larry Fisherman alias and contributing some blunted lyrical flames on the back. Did Ab-Soul and his partner-in-rhyme kill it? I think I know the answer but, as always, readers get to lay down the final verdict. Those feeling this record can, of course, keep it locked for further freshness from both collaborators.
Written by richard on 04/25/13
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.