Whenever Ab-Soul shows up on the DJBooth front page, readers be Showin’ Love. All of the emcee’s solo features have received above average reader reviews, with late January’s Black Lip Bastard earning him his highest level of acclaim to date. Today, the Top Dawg Ent. rhymesayer endeavors to top himself yet again with his braggadocious new promo single/album leak. Reprising his role from the aforementioned jam, DigiPhonics beatsmith Willie B. slices and dices a hazy brass loop as the West Coast buzzmaker reaches out to, “...all [his] n*ggas doin’ drugs, f*ckin hoes and showin’ love.” In between talking himself up and flaunting his weed stash (featuring “nugs big as Chuck-E-Cheese tokens…”), Ab takes some time out to air his grievances with the political system, advising both Democrats and Republicans to “...shove it up where they take a sh*t,” and giving the Declaration of Independence a golden shower for good measure. Needless to say, Tea Party Patriots won’t be blasting this one from their SUVs. The rest, however, should find it a valued addition to their smoking playlist. If you’re digging it, keep your browsers locked for the latest on Ab-Soul’s forthcoming, yet-untitled LP.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
Living life as a rap blogger means that nearly every hip-hop related thought that I’ve had over the past five years is only a few clicks away. While this chronicle has been the cause of some serious embarrassment – yes, I...
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)