Whenever Ab-Soul shows up on the DJBooth front page, readers be Showin’ Love. All of the emcee’s solo features have received above average reader reviews, with late January’s Black Lip Bastard earning him his highest level of acclaim to date. Today, the Top Dawg Ent. rhymesayer endeavors to top himself yet again with his braggadocious new promo single/album leak. Reprising his role from the aforementioned jam, DigiPhonics beatsmith Willie B. slices and dices a hazy brass loop as the West Coast buzzmaker reaches out to, “...all [his] n*ggas doin’ drugs, f*ckin hoes and showin’ love.” In between talking himself up and flaunting his weed stash (featuring “nugs big as Chuck-E-Cheese tokens…”), Ab takes some time out to air his grievances with the political system, advising both Democrats and Republicans to “...shove it up where they take a sh*t,” and giving the Declaration of Independence a golden shower for good measure. Needless to say, Tea Party Patriots won’t be blasting this one from their SUVs. The rest, however, should find it a valued addition to their smoking playlist. If you’re digging it, keep your browsers locked for the latest on Ab-Soul’s forthcoming, yet-untitled LP.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.