Whenever Ab-Soul shows up on the DJBooth front page, readers be Showin’ Love. All of the emcee’s solo features have received above average reader reviews, with late January’s Black Lip Bastard earning him his highest level of acclaim to date. Today, the Top Dawg Ent. rhymesayer endeavors to top himself yet again with his braggadocious new promo single/album leak. Reprising his role from the aforementioned jam, DigiPhonics beatsmith Willie B. slices and dices a hazy brass loop as the West Coast buzzmaker reaches out to, “...all [his] n*ggas doin’ drugs, f*ckin hoes and showin’ love.” In between talking himself up and flaunting his weed stash (featuring “nugs big as Chuck-E-Cheese tokens…”), Ab takes some time out to air his grievances with the political system, advising both Democrats and Republicans to “...shove it up where they take a sh*t,” and giving the Declaration of Independence a golden shower for good measure. Needless to say, Tea Party Patriots won’t be blasting this one from their SUVs. The rest, however, should find it a valued addition to their smoking playlist. If you’re digging it, keep your browsers locked for the latest on Ab-Soul’s forthcoming, yet-untitled LP.
Written by richard on 03/4/12
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.