According to University of New Mexico psychopharmacologist Dr. Rick Strassman, the hallucinations commonly associated with near-death experiences may be caused by a massive release of the psychedelic substance DMT from the Pineal Gland (Thanks, Wikipedia!). On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, released along with its Fredo Tovar/Scott Fleishmann-directed visuals, West Coast buzzmaker Ab-Soul takes inspiration from this controversial hypothesis, chronicling his struggles to escape from a waking nightmare over Tae Beats‘s ominous piano arpeggios. Feeling it? More awaits on the TDE affiliate’s Control System LP, scheduled for release May 11.
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!