According to University of New Mexico psychopharmacologist Dr. Rick Strassman, the hallucinations commonly associated with near-death experiences may be caused by a massive release of the psychedelic substance DMT from the Pineal Gland (Thanks, Wikipedia!). On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, released along with its Fredo Tovar/Scott Fleishmann-directed visuals, West Coast buzzmaker Ab-Soul takes inspiration from this controversial hypothesis, chronicling his struggles to escape from a waking nightmare over Tae Beats‘s ominous piano arpeggios. Feeling it? More awaits on the TDE affiliate’s Control System LP, scheduled for release May 11.
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.