According to University of New Mexico psychopharmacologist Dr. Rick Strassman, the hallucinations commonly associated with near-death experiences may be caused by a massive release of the psychedelic substance DMT from the Pineal Gland (Thanks, Wikipedia!). On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, released along with its Fredo Tovar/Scott Fleishmann-directed visuals, West Coast buzzmaker Ab-Soul takes inspiration from this controversial hypothesis, chronicling his struggles to escape from a waking nightmare over Tae Beats‘s ominous piano arpeggios. Feeling it? More awaits on the TDE affiliate’s Control System LP, scheduled for release May 11.
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.