According to University of New Mexico psychopharmacologist Dr. Rick Strassman, the hallucinations commonly associated with near-death experiences may be caused by a massive release of the psychedelic substance DMT from the Pineal Gland (Thanks, Wikipedia!). On the latest single off his forthcoming full-length, released along with its Fredo Tovar/Scott Fleishmann-directed visuals, West Coast buzzmaker Ab-Soul takes inspiration from this controversial hypothesis, chronicling his struggles to escape from a waking nightmare over Tae Beats‘s ominous piano arpeggios. Feeling it? More awaits on the TDE affiliate’s Control System LP, scheduled for release May 11.
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.