When you’re shining as brightly as Ab-Soul, there’s no sense in hiding your light under a bushel. On a newly-released cut off his next studio album, the Top Dawg Entertainment buzzmaker sets out to ILLuminate the whole damn game. Labelmate Kendrick Lamar guests, joining the headliner over Skhye Hutch‘s cinematic production. Blinded by this record’s brilliance? There’s more on the way: Ab-Soul’s Control System LP is set to hit iTunes this Friday, May 11.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Ab-Soul’s Fredo Tovar and Scott Fleishman-directed ILLuminate visual.
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.