With the release of his next album just two short weeks away, Top Dawg lyricist Ab-Soul returns to the Booth with another fresh single off the set. The follow-up to early May’s Booth-approved Stigmata, Hunnid Stax finds Ab chronicling his paper chase over whip-ready production by Kenny Beats. ScHoolboy Q, the headliner’s labelmate and Black Hippy colleague, lends his dynamic flow to the final verse and a (very stoned) Mac Miller handles hook duties. Craving more? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the June 24, arrival of Ab-Soul’s highly-anticipated #TheseDays.
Update: We have added the Adam Roberts-directed visuals for Ab-Soul’s Hunnid Stax.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
These days, Russia makes land grabs like it’s the Cold War. These days, people eat gluten-free, or like the cavemen did, or like Mediterranean people do, or whoever else lives long and stays slim. These days, music is...
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.