With the release of his next album just two short weeks away, Top Dawg lyricist Ab-Soul returns to the Booth with another fresh single off the set. The follow-up to early May’s Booth-approved Stigmata, Hunnid Stax finds Ab chronicling his paper chase over whip-ready production by Kenny Beats. ScHoolboy Q, the headliner’s labelmate and Black Hippy colleague, lends his dynamic flow to the final verse and a (very stoned) Mac Miller handles hook duties. Craving more? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the June 24, arrival of Ab-Soul’s highly-anticipated #TheseDays.
Update: We have added the Adam Roberts-directed visuals for Ab-Soul’s Hunnid Stax.
Written by richard on 07/14/14
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.