When someone says that they need Closure, what they’re really talking about is a moment in time that provides a proper, appropriate or peaceful ending. So, with this in mind, what type of closure is TDE solider Ab-Soul in search of in his latest video release? Well, from the sound and look of things, it appears that the Carson, California native is looking to put past him a bittersweet, unsuccessful relationship. Capturing the post-breakup emotion in emotionally stark visuals is director JeromeD., who splices shots together of moments, both in good times and bad, that capture the full range of emotion the Black Hippy member is experiencing. Produced by regular collaborator Sounwave and assisted by Jhené Aiko, the track appears to be a much-needed cathartic release. For more fresh material check for Ab-Soul’s new album, These Days…,” due out this coming Tuesday, June 24.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/14
These days, Russia makes land grabs like it’s the Cold War. These days, people eat gluten-free, or like the cavemen did, or like Mediterranean people do, or whoever else lives long and stays slim. These days, music is...
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)