When someone says that they need Closure, what they’re really talking about is a moment in time that provides a proper, appropriate or peaceful ending. So, with this in mind, what type of closure is TDE solider Ab-Soul in search of in his latest video release? Well, from the sound and look of things, it appears that the Carson, California native is looking to put past him a bittersweet, unsuccessful relationship. Capturing the post-breakup emotion in emotionally stark visuals is director JeromeD., who splices shots together of moments, both in good times and bad, that capture the full range of emotion the Black Hippy member is experiencing. Produced by regular collaborator Sounwave and assisted by Jhené Aiko, the track appears to be a much-needed cathartic release. For more fresh material check for Ab-Soul’s new album, These Days…,” due out this coming Tuesday, June 24.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.