When someone says that they need Closure, what they’re really talking about is a moment in time that provides a proper, appropriate or peaceful ending. So, with this in mind, what type of closure is TDE solider Ab-Soul in search of in his latest video release? Well, from the sound and look of things, it appears that the Carson, California native is looking to put past him a bittersweet, unsuccessful relationship. Capturing the post-breakup emotion in emotionally stark visuals is director JeromeD., who splices shots together of moments, both in good times and bad, that capture the full range of emotion the Black Hippy member is experiencing. Produced by regular collaborator Sounwave and assisted by Jhené Aiko, the track appears to be a much-needed cathartic release. For more fresh material check for Ab-Soul’s new album, These Days…,” due out this coming Tuesday, June 24.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/14
These days, Russia makes land grabs like it’s the Cold War. These days, people eat gluten-free, or like the cavemen did, or like Mediterranean people do, or whoever else lives long and stays slim. These days, music is...
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.