When someone says that they need Closure, what they’re really talking about is a moment in time that provides a proper, appropriate or peaceful ending. So, with this in mind, what type of closure is TDE solider Ab-Soul in search of in his latest video release? Well, from the sound and look of things, it appears that the Carson, California native is looking to put past him a bittersweet, unsuccessful relationship. Capturing the post-breakup emotion in emotionally stark visuals is director JeromeD., who splices shots together of moments, both in good times and bad, that capture the full range of emotion the Black Hippy member is experiencing. Produced by regular collaborator Sounwave and assisted by Jhené Aiko, the track appears to be a much-needed cathartic release. For more fresh material check for Ab-Soul’s new album, These Days…,” due out this coming Tuesday, June 24.
Written by DJ Z on 06/20/14
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)