Let it not be said that Ab-Soul shies away from controversy. On his latest feature, the Top Dawg Entertainment signee combines two of the most provocative topics in recent memory—cop killer Christopher Dorner and the US government’s penchant for drone strikes—into one dystopian banger titled Christopher DRONEr. The West Coast spitter’s incendiary bars receive an appropriately bracing instrumental backdrop courtesy of Digi+Phonics beatsmith Willie B., who layers tubular bells over trap percussion and throws in a variety of unsettling vocal samples for good measure. In the cut’s closing bars, Ab borrows Kanye‘s flow from the so-called “best rap verse of all time,” spitting, ”I bought Alexander Wang, after I heard New Slaves.” This joint is slated to appear on an untitled project, scheduled for release “soon.” Keep it locked to the Booth for further details, along with all the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.