Let it not be said that Ab-Soul shies away from controversy. On his latest feature, the Top Dawg Entertainment signee combines two of the most provocative topics in recent memory—cop killer Christopher Dorner and the US government’s penchant for drone strikes—into one dystopian banger titled Christopher DRONEr. The West Coast spitter’s incendiary bars receive an appropriately bracing instrumental backdrop courtesy of Digi+Phonics beatsmith Willie B., who layers tubular bells over trap percussion and throws in a variety of unsettling vocal samples for good measure. In the cut’s closing bars, Ab borrows Kanye‘s flow from the so-called “best rap verse of all time,” spitting, ”I bought Alexander Wang, after I heard New Slaves.” This joint is slated to appear on an untitled project, scheduled for release “soon.” Keep it locked to the Booth for further details, along with all the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)