Let it not be said that Ab-Soul shies away from controversy. On his latest feature, the Top Dawg Entertainment signee combines two of the most provocative topics in recent memory—cop killer Christopher Dorner and the US government’s penchant for drone strikes—into one dystopian banger titled Christopher DRONEr. The West Coast spitter’s incendiary bars receive an appropriately bracing instrumental backdrop courtesy of Digi+Phonics beatsmith Willie B., who layers tubular bells over trap percussion and throws in a variety of unsettling vocal samples for good measure. In the cut’s closing bars, Ab borrows Kanye‘s flow from the so-called “best rap verse of all time,” spitting, ”I bought Alexander Wang, after I heard New Slaves.” This joint is slated to appear on an untitled project, scheduled for release “soon.” Keep it locked to the Booth for further details, along with all the latest singles.
Written by richard on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)