Last October, while in Los Angeles for several business meetings, I had the chance to catch A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q perform at Hollywood Palladium. During Q’s performance I remember seeing a large posse congregating on the left side of the stage and among this crowd was Mac Miller. It was obvious that Miller was a fan of the performers, which led me to believe that we would eventually hear a collaborative effort between the Rostrum Records star and a member of the TDE camp. Well, that time has now come. Over the weekend, Miller, under his alias Larry Fisherman, unleashed Bubble Gum Blues, a record that he produced for XXL 2013 Freshman Ab-Soul and collaborator Short Dawg. The song features the emcees trading bars back-and-forth, instead of taking turns on separate verses, over a minimalistic, uncomfortable beat from Fisherman. Will we hear more from these two powerful camps in the near future? Stay tuned.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/13
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)