Last October, while in Los Angeles for several business meetings, I had the chance to catch A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q perform at Hollywood Palladium. During Q’s performance I remember seeing a large posse congregating on the left side of the stage and among this crowd was Mac Miller. It was obvious that Miller was a fan of the performers, which led me to believe that we would eventually hear a collaborative effort between the Rostrum Records star and a member of the TDE camp. Well, that time has now come. Over the weekend, Miller, under his alias Larry Fisherman, unleashed Bubble Gum Blues, a record that he produced for XXL 2013 Freshman Ab-Soul and collaborator Short Dawg. The song features the emcees trading bars back-and-forth, instead of taking turns on separate verses, over a minimalistic, uncomfortable beat from Fisherman. Will we hear more from these two powerful camps in the near future? Stay tuned.
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!