Last October, while in Los Angeles for several business meetings, I had the chance to catch A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q perform at Hollywood Palladium. During Q’s performance I remember seeing a large posse congregating on the left side of the stage and among this crowd was Mac Miller. It was obvious that Miller was a fan of the performers, which led me to believe that we would eventually hear a collaborative effort between the Rostrum Records star and a member of the TDE camp. Well, that time has now come. Over the weekend, Miller, under his alias Larry Fisherman, unleashed Bubble Gum Blues, a record that he produced for XXL 2013 Freshman Ab-Soul and collaborator Short Dawg. The song features the emcees trading bars back-and-forth, instead of taking turns on separate verses, over a minimalistic, uncomfortable beat from Fisherman. Will we hear more from these two powerful camps in the near future? Stay tuned.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)