Last October, while in Los Angeles for several business meetings, I had the chance to catch A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q perform at Hollywood Palladium. During Q’s performance I remember seeing a large posse congregating on the left side of the stage and among this crowd was Mac Miller. It was obvious that Miller was a fan of the performers, which led me to believe that we would eventually hear a collaborative effort between the Rostrum Records star and a member of the TDE camp. Well, that time has now come. Over the weekend, Miller, under his alias Larry Fisherman, unleashed Bubble Gum Blues, a record that he produced for XXL 2013 Freshman Ab-Soul and collaborator Short Dawg. The song features the emcees trading bars back-and-forth, instead of taking turns on separate verses, over a minimalistic, uncomfortable beat from Fisherman. Will we hear more from these two powerful camps in the near future? Stay tuned.
Written by DJ Z on 04/1/13
Top Dawg Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Dreams (WC Monster Remix) ft. Various Artists" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.