Do good things really come to those who wait? Booth newcomer AASIM certainly hopes so. After the 2005 release of Bad Boy debut album Money Pit, the NYC emcee spent years on the back burner, penning records for Diddy, Cassie, Pussycat Dolls and Dirty Money in the meantime. Now, having split with Sean Combs and company to join indie label Social Club Entertainment, the emcee has relaunched his solo career with Queens Sh*t, the lead single off a forthcoming street album. Grind Music (aka Sean C & LV) hark back to the Golden Age of boom-bap behind the boards, cooking up a gritty, head-noddable beat to back ASIM’s hustle-centric verses, along with the characteristically fresh guest bars of Queensbridge vet Nas. Like what you’re hearing? The stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the May arrival of AASIM’s comeback tape, Walking on the Stars.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
Social Club Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Could Say What's On My Mind" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.