Do good things really come to those who wait? Booth newcomer AASIM certainly hopes so. After the 2005 release of Bad Boy debut album Money Pit, the NYC emcee spent years on the back burner, penning records for Diddy, Cassie, Pussycat Dolls and Dirty Money in the meantime. Now, having split with Sean Combs and company to join indie label Social Club Entertainment, the emcee has relaunched his solo career with Queens Sh*t, the lead single off a forthcoming street album. Grind Music (aka Sean C & LV) hark back to the Golden Age of boom-bap behind the boards, cooking up a gritty, head-noddable beat to back ASIM’s hustle-centric verses, along with the characteristically fresh guest bars of Queensbridge vet Nas. Like what you’re hearing? The stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the May arrival of AASIM’s comeback tape, Walking on the Stars.
Social Club Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Could Say What's On My Mind" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.