Do good things really come to those who wait? Booth newcomer AASIM certainly hopes so. After the 2005 release of Bad Boy debut album Money Pit, the NYC emcee spent years on the back burner, penning records for Diddy, Cassie, Pussycat Dolls and Dirty Money in the meantime. Now, having split with Sean Combs and company to join indie label Social Club Entertainment, the emcee has relaunched his solo career with Queens Sh*t, the lead single off a forthcoming street album. Grind Music (aka Sean C & LV) hark back to the Golden Age of boom-bap behind the boards, cooking up a gritty, head-noddable beat to back ASIM’s hustle-centric verses, along with the characteristically fresh guest bars of Queensbridge vet Nas. Like what you’re hearing? The stay tuned for more fresh cuts leading up to the May arrival of AASIM’s comeback tape, Walking on the Stars.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
Social Club Entertainment
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"If I Could Say What's On My Mind" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.