The rapper/reality TV personality formerly known as Shwayze may have made the switch to his birth name, Aaron Smith, but don’t worry – he hasn’t renounced his carefree, hard-partying, girl-crazy ways. On the contrary, new single Love Letter finds the Malibu native (and Booth newcomer) pining for yet another enchanting shawty. The Cataracs, the duo recently heard on Glasses Malone‘s I Get Doe, work their magic behind the boards, hopping between turntable-assisted hip-hop grooves and reggae strumming in an indecisive but infectious manner. For his part, Aaron Smith sticks to what he does best, spitting smooth yet sensitive sing-rapped game to a chick who had him head-over-heels at the very first glance. While the artist doesn’t seem too concerned with sticking to the concept (if this is a letter, why does he keep referring to the girl he’s writing to in the third person?), I’m pretty sure Aaron Smith wasn’t trying to create the next Stan, and this track is just too catchy for me to worry over the details. For more refreshing summer jams, check out Aaron Smith Is Love Stoned, set to hit stores in September.
Written by richard on 08/5/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Letter" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.