It’s not often that you hear an emcee rap about being a feminist, but one listen to the hook on Jewish emcee Aaron Cohen’s Feminist and it all makes sense. Cohen cleverly raps, “Life’ a b**ch, but I’m a feminist/ We the future, look at you and reminisce.” Directed by Nicolas Heller, Cohen’s video single serves as the rapper’s first Booth feature and is a combination of both solo performance footage and quirky visuals of his New York City based crew, the Inner City Kids. ASAP Ty Beats handles the production on Feminist, which is a unique mix of light bass and almost sonic-like sounds. If Cohen’s witty lyricism has you hooked then lookout for Feminist on the Mishka-hosted MURK mixtape dropping next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Perfection" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.