It’s not often that you hear an emcee rap about being a feminist, but one listen to the hook on Jewish emcee Aaron Cohen’s Feminist and it all makes sense. Cohen cleverly raps, “Life’ a b**ch, but I’m a feminist/ We the future, look at you and reminisce.” Directed by Nicolas Heller, Cohen’s video single serves as the rapper’s first Booth feature and is a combination of both solo performance footage and quirky visuals of his New York City based crew, the Inner City Kids. ASAP Ty Beats handles the production on Feminist, which is a unique mix of light bass and almost sonic-like sounds. If Cohen’s witty lyricism has you hooked then lookout for Feminist on the Mishka-hosted MURK mixtape dropping next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Perfection" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.