It’s not often that you hear an emcee rap about being a feminist, but one listen to the hook on Jewish emcee Aaron Cohen’s Feminist and it all makes sense. Cohen cleverly raps, “Life’ a b**ch, but I’m a feminist/ We the future, look at you and reminisce.” Directed by Nicolas Heller, Cohen’s video single serves as the rapper’s first Booth feature and is a combination of both solo performance footage and quirky visuals of his New York City based crew, the Inner City Kids. ASAP Ty Beats handles the production on Feminist, which is a unique mix of light bass and almost sonic-like sounds. If Cohen’s witty lyricism has you hooked then lookout for Feminist on the Mishka-hosted MURK mixtape dropping next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Perfection" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.