It’s not often that you hear an emcee rap about being a feminist, but one listen to the hook on Jewish emcee Aaron Cohen’s Feminist and it all makes sense. Cohen cleverly raps, “Life’ a b**ch, but I’m a feminist/ We the future, look at you and reminisce.” Directed by Nicolas Heller, Cohen’s video single serves as the rapper’s first Booth feature and is a combination of both solo performance footage and quirky visuals of his New York City based crew, the Inner City Kids. ASAP Ty Beats handles the production on Feminist, which is a unique mix of light bass and almost sonic-like sounds. If Cohen’s witty lyricism has you hooked then lookout for Feminist on the Mishka-hosted MURK mixtape dropping next month.
Written by Danielle H. on 07/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sweetest Perfection" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.