I think we’ve all been sleeping on Republic Records newest talent, Aaradhna. Her latest effort was originally released late last year, but since we apparently have been asleep at the wheel consider this our Wake Up call! While the New Zealand newcomer’s sound might be heavily rooted in a vintage, doo-wop style, it serves as a breathe of fresh air for Boothgoers that crave an authentic, genuine listening experience. While drawing an obvious influence from the late Amy Whinehouse, Aaradhna’s crisp, raspy vocals, when draped atop the vintage production of P-Money and Evan Short, showcase her love of soul music. Just one listen to her charismatic style and inspirational lyrics and you will be more than ready to take on the week ahead.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebration Flow" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.