I think we’ve all been sleeping on Republic Records newest talent, Aaradhna. Her latest effort was originally released late last year, but since we apparently have been asleep at the wheel consider this our Wake Up call! While the New Zealand newcomer’s sound might be heavily rooted in a vintage, doo-wop style, it serves as a breathe of fresh air for Boothgoers that crave an authentic, genuine listening experience. While drawing an obvious influence from the late Amy Whinehouse, Aaradhna’s crisp, raspy vocals, when draped atop the vintage production of P-Money and Evan Short, showcase her love of soul music. Just one listen to her charismatic style and inspirational lyrics and you will be more than ready to take on the week ahead.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebration Flow" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.