I think we’ve all been sleeping on Republic Records newest talent, Aaradhna. Her latest effort was originally released late last year, but since we apparently have been asleep at the wheel consider this our Wake Up call! While the New Zealand newcomer’s sound might be heavily rooted in a vintage, doo-wop style, it serves as a breathe of fresh air for Boothgoers that crave an authentic, genuine listening experience. While drawing an obvious influence from the late Amy Whinehouse, Aaradhna’s crisp, raspy vocals, when draped atop the vintage production of P-Money and Evan Short, showcase her love of soul music. Just one listen to her charismatic style and inspirational lyrics and you will be more than ready to take on the week ahead.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/21/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebration Flow" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.