I think we’ve all been sleeping on Republic Records newest talent, Aaradhna. Her latest effort was originally released late last year, but since we apparently have been asleep at the wheel consider this our Wake Up call! While the New Zealand newcomer’s sound might be heavily rooted in a vintage, doo-wop style, it serves as a breathe of fresh air for Boothgoers that crave an authentic, genuine listening experience. While drawing an obvious influence from the late Amy Whinehouse, Aaradhna’s crisp, raspy vocals, when draped atop the vintage production of P-Money and Evan Short, showcase her love of soul music. Just one listen to her charismatic style and inspirational lyrics and you will be more than ready to take on the week ahead.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebration Flow" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)