I think we’ve all been sleeping on Republic Records newest talent, Aaradhna. Her latest effort was originally released late last year, but since we apparently have been asleep at the wheel consider this our Wake Up call! While the New Zealand newcomer’s sound might be heavily rooted in a vintage, doo-wop style, it serves as a breathe of fresh air for Boothgoers that crave an authentic, genuine listening experience. While drawing an obvious influence from the late Amy Whinehouse, Aaradhna’s crisp, raspy vocals, when draped atop the vintage production of P-Money and Evan Short, showcase her love of soul music. Just one listen to her charismatic style and inspirational lyrics and you will be more than ready to take on the week ahead.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/21/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebration Flow" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.