When a young NYC rapper emerged dripping with Houston-sounding swag, many doubted if A$AP Rocky was truly the next big thing in hip-hop or just another here today, gone tomorrow rapper. Well, as if a Coachella performance and a slew of guest features - see today’s Big Spender - weren’t enough, today Mr. Rocky drops off a brand new single, Goldie. As yet another sign of his rising status, Rocky manages to grab a beat from newly famous Kanye production collaborator Hit-Boy, who lays down a surprisingly restrained beat that still managed to hit plenty hard (that booming bass certainly doesn’t hurt). For his part A$AP delivers exactly the kind of confident flows we’ve come to expect from the Harlemite, sparing no expense in reminding the world that he’s truly living rap’s golden life. So whether you’re a full-fledged member of the A$AP mob, a doubter or anywhere in between, chances are you’re awaiting the July release of A$AP’s major label debut album, LongLiveA$AP. In the meantime, press play and debate away in the comments below.
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.