When a young NYC rapper emerged dripping with Houston-sounding swag, many doubted if A$AP Rocky was truly the next big thing in hip-hop or just another here today, gone tomorrow rapper. Well, as if a Coachella performance and a slew of guest features - see today’s Big Spender - weren’t enough, today Mr. Rocky drops off a brand new single, Goldie. As yet another sign of his rising status, Rocky manages to grab a beat from newly famous Kanye production collaborator Hit-Boy, who lays down a surprisingly restrained beat that still managed to hit plenty hard (that booming bass certainly doesn’t hurt). For his part A$AP delivers exactly the kind of confident flows we’ve come to expect from the Harlemite, sparing no expense in reminding the world that he’s truly living rap’s golden life. So whether you’re a full-fledged member of the A$AP mob, a doubter or anywhere in between, chances are you’re awaiting the July release of A$AP’s major label debut album, LongLiveA$AP. In the meantime, press play and debate away in the comments below.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/3/12
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.