Believe it or not, we are now halfway through 2013, and it’s been six months since A$AP Rocky was the talk of the proverbial town with debut album Long.Live.A$AP. To remind us that 2013 is not just Kanye and Cole’s year, A$AP has released Fashion Killa as his latest single. Hector Delgado, LORD FLACKO (Rocky’s pseudonym) and Friendzone team up to create this record’s fittingly luxurious instrumental backdrop, basing their beat around a thinly-sliced sample. In his trademark, slightly slurred flow, A$AP waxes poetic about his two favorite things: girls and fashion. It all adds up to a larger-than-life, hedonistic cut that will make your thrift-store threads feel like Louis Vuitton. If you missed out the first time around, you can cop Long.Live.ASAP now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/1/13
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)