Believe it or not, we are now halfway through 2013, and it’s been six months since A$AP Rocky was the talk of the proverbial town with debut album Long.Live.A$AP. To remind us that 2013 is not just Kanye and Cole’s year, A$AP has released Fashion Killa as his latest single. Hector Delgado, LORD FLACKO (Rocky’s pseudonym) and Friendzone team up to create this record’s fittingly luxurious instrumental backdrop, basing their beat around a thinly-sliced sample. In his trademark, slightly slurred flow, A$AP waxes poetic about his two favorite things: girls and fashion. It all adds up to a larger-than-life, hedonistic cut that will make your thrift-store threads feel like Louis Vuitton. If you missed out the first time around, you can cop Long.Live.ASAP now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/1/13
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.