A$AP Rocky channels his inner trap rapper for the new cut Brand New Guy. For assistance Rocky recruited West Coast rhymesayer Schoolboy Q and the pair spit classic down south-like lyrics to perfection. Production, crafted by in house producer Lyle, comes complete with all the bells, strings, 808s, and successive hi-hats that come standard with recent Southern sounds. I’m thinking that everyone from Cali to Houston to NYC will be the pleased with this stand out joint from Rocky’s LiveLoveA$AP mixtape released digitally last October. Fans of versatility will also be pleased to know that Rocky co-directed this video alongside The ICU. This is not the first visual effort that we’ve seen from the A$AP Mob general and it’s safe to say it won’t be the last. Stay right here in The Booth for more from Rocky and the rest of A$AP Mob.
Written by WriterJones on 06/4/12
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.