A$AP Rocky channels his inner trap rapper for the new cut Brand New Guy. For assistance Rocky recruited West Coast rhymesayer Schoolboy Q and the pair spit classic down south-like lyrics to perfection. Production, crafted by in house producer Lyle, comes complete with all the bells, strings, 808s, and successive hi-hats that come standard with recent Southern sounds. I’m thinking that everyone from Cali to Houston to NYC will be the pleased with this stand out joint from Rocky’s LiveLoveA$AP mixtape released digitally last October. Fans of versatility will also be pleased to know that Rocky co-directed this video alongside The ICU. This is not the first visual effort that we’ve seen from the A$AP Mob general and it’s safe to say it won’t be the last. Stay right here in The Booth for more from Rocky and the rest of A$AP Mob.
Written by WriterJones on 06/4/12
Submit your Rating
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.