To date, six of the 12 songs featured on ASAP Rocky‘s blockbuster major-label debut have been released as singles. Instead of digging deeper into the album proper for a follow-up to July’s Fashion Killa, the Harlem representative’s selected Angels, one of four bonus tracks off the set’s deluxe edition. Here, Amsterdam‘s syrupy-slow street boardwork accompanies Rocky as he boasts about his pioneering fashion sense (He claims, ”N**gas got rips in they jeans, man I started that.”) and warns rivals about his clique’s willingness to squeeze triggers, should anyone be foolish enough to step. In addition to rocking the mic, the artist links up with Luke Monaghan to direct the official visuals. Still haven’t given ASAP Rocky’s freshman set a spin? Both the standard and deluxe editions of LONG.LIVE.A$AP are available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 11/1/13
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.