To date, six of the 12 songs featured on ASAP Rocky‘s blockbuster major-label debut have been released as singles. Instead of digging deeper into the album proper for a follow-up to July’s Fashion Killa, the Harlem representative’s selected Angels, one of four bonus tracks off the set’s deluxe edition. Here, Amsterdam‘s syrupy-slow street boardwork accompanies Rocky as he boasts about his pioneering fashion sense (He claims, ”N**gas got rips in they jeans, man I started that.”) and warns rivals about his clique’s willingness to squeeze triggers, should anyone be foolish enough to step. In addition to rocking the mic, the artist links up with Luke Monaghan to direct the official visuals. Still haven’t given ASAP Rocky’s freshman set a spin? Both the standard and deluxe editions of LONG.LIVE.A$AP are available now wherever fine music is sold.
Written by richard on 11/1/13
One-hit wonders and overnight successes are not a new phenomenon. From The Three Chuckles in the ‘50s, to Skee-Lo in the ‘90s, to Kreayshawn in the 2010’s, music has always seen artists seemingly explode out of nowhere,...
Polo Grounds Music/RCA
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.