“It’s the year of the A$AP.” To start collecting that payback from those who slept on the group (who would actually do that?!?), A$AP Mob member A$AP Twelvyy has released Xscape, a new single slated for inclusion on the Mob’s forthcoming full-length. The slow, Eric Clapton-ish beat provides the opportunity for Twelvyy to contemplate everything going on around him, including the loss of friends to both death and prison. Instead of using a mirror on his wall as motivation, the New York native simply understands what he needs to do everyday; not because he wants to, but because he has no other choice. With his team on the front page of The Source, and buzz growing by the day, their time to shine appears to be now. Xscape, which you can now purchase on iTunes, follows December release Trillmatic, both of which will find a home on major label Mob debut, L.O.R.D..
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)