“It’s the year of the A$AP.” To start collecting that payback from those who slept on the group (who would actually do that?!?), A$AP Mob member A$AP Twelvyy has released Xscape, a new single slated for inclusion on the Mob’s forthcoming full-length. The slow, Eric Clapton-ish beat provides the opportunity for Twelvyy to contemplate everything going on around him, including the loss of friends to both death and prison. Instead of using a mirror on his wall as motivation, the New York native simply understands what he needs to do everyday; not because he wants to, but because he has no other choice. With his team on the front page of The Source, and buzz growing by the day, their time to shine appears to be now. Xscape, which you can now purchase on iTunes, follows December release Trillmatic, both of which will find a home on major label Mob debut, L.O.R.D..
Written by Bryan H on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.