The GOP and the Democratic Party, like many couples, are constantly bickering. Last week, the former’s intransigence over Obama’s health care reforms led to a full-blown government shutdown, which is now in its second week. I think I speak for the whole of America when I say, “We Need a Resolution.” For a nice change of pace from the ongoing political fracas, we turn to Aaliyah‘s 2001 hit, which depicts the late, great R&B singer maturely working through her difficulties with her man. Part of the singer’s self-titled third and final album, the record is built on a classic Timbaland beat, featuring a clarinet sample from film composer John Ottman’s Tricks of the Trade layered over a halting mid-tempo drum pattern. In the spirit of reciprocity, the heavyweight producer steps out from behind the boards to offer the male perspective in a rapped closing verse. Paul Hunter‘s futuristic video saw heavy rotation on BET and MTV, who awarded it 77th and 30th place on their respective year-end lists.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Enough Said" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!