We all know New York City as the birthplace of hip-hop, and Detroit has a strong place in the Midwestern scene, but the two cities have yet to find a dual representative with enough buzz to make it big—until now. Though
A.K.A. The Phresh Prince
Ayo looks like quite a few R&B singers, he can certainly hold it down on the mic, and he’s currently being courted by three major labels. His Booth debut, Stacks On Deck, sounds like a carbon copy of Carter II-era Weezy, complete with the completely unpredictable flow and lightly-Autotuned hook. Topped off with a sparse, organ-synth beat by Polow da Don protégé Chase N Cashe‘s this is a record that listeners will either love or hate—whichever camp you fall into, you’re sure to remember Stacks on Deck when the Ayo finally makes it. In the meantime, we can only speculate as to which major he’ll ultimately call home.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Check Me Out" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!