We all know New York City as the birthplace of hip-hop, and Detroit has a strong place in the Midwestern scene, but the two cities have yet to find a dual representative with enough buzz to make it big—until now. Though
A.K.A. The Phresh Prince
Ayo looks like quite a few R&B singers, he can certainly hold it down on the mic, and he’s currently being courted by three major labels. His Booth debut, Stacks On Deck, sounds like a carbon copy of Carter II-era Weezy, complete with the completely unpredictable flow and lightly-Autotuned hook. Topped off with a sparse, organ-synth beat by Polow da Don protégé Chase N Cashe‘s this is a record that listeners will either love or hate—whichever camp you fall into, you’re sure to remember Stacks on Deck when the Ayo finally makes it. In the meantime, we can only speculate as to which major he’ll ultimately call home.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Check Me Out" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.