Even the most sociable purchasers of weed eventually have to lay down the law and tell their freeloading homies, “If you don’t put down, you don’t smoke.” Just ask Slim Gravy of A.Dd+, who (with a little help from guest emcee Tunk) emphasizes the importance of paying your fair share on new mixtape single When Paris Smokes. Paris Pershun, the other half of the Dallas duo, closes the Breeze-produced cut by reminding those seeking to hotbox his whip that gas ain’t free either. Complete with a hook by Mz. Fortune, this blunted slice-of-life is just one of many dope records set to appear on the group’s sophomore street album, DiveHiFlyLo, due out later this year. Also, fans can look forward to a special edition of A.Dd+‘s WADD Radio Podcast this Friday, aka 4/20.
Written by richard on 04/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.