Having OJ and kush for breakfast is fine if you make a living as a rapper but, for those tied down to more traditional forms of employment, weed and work can be a treacherous combination. On their latest promo single, Can’t Come Down, Parish Pershun and Slim Gravy of A.Dd+ deliver a cautionary tale regarding the hazards of being stoned on the job, basing their rhymes on a true story. X’Zavier handles production duties, cooking up a blunted bell beat complete with a deftly-recontextualized sample from Britney Spears’ Toxic. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it should keep it locked for the latest from the Dallas crew.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.