Having OJ and kush for breakfast is fine if you make a living as a rapper but, for those tied down to more traditional forms of employment, weed and work can be a treacherous combination. On their latest promo single, Can’t Come Down, Parish Pershun and Slim Gravy of A.Dd+ deliver a cautionary tale regarding the hazards of being stoned on the job, basing their rhymes on a true story. X’Zavier handles production duties, cooking up a blunted bell beat complete with a deftly-recontextualized sample from Britney Spears’ Toxic. This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but those digging it should keep it locked for the latest from the Dallas crew.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mary Go" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.