Though Ahmad Belvin is primarily a pop/R&B artist, it’s his early-‘80’s hip-hop-influenced sound that sets him apart from the pack. That unique style has clearly worked to his advantage; A.B.‘s latest promo single, Batman, got over a million MySpace plays, ultimately netting him a deal with T-Pain‘s Nappy Boy Entertainment via J Records. Four months after he signed on the dotted line, the Booth newcomer’s released his first official single, a club banger dedicated to his Trophy Girl. Belvin’s label boss jumps on board to spit a memorable rap verse, but this cut owes the lion’s share of its pop appeal to Danja, who delivers a Timbo-style instrumental sure to get everyone out onto the floor. So, fellas, next time you head to the local spot with your Trophy Girl in tow, call the DJ in advance and put in a request—if enough guys follow this advice, the track could easily break the Billboard Top 10.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.