Though Ahmad Belvin is primarily a pop/R&B artist, it’s his early-‘80’s hip-hop-influenced sound that sets him apart from the pack. That unique style has clearly worked to his advantage; A.B.‘s latest promo single, Batman, got over a million MySpace plays, ultimately netting him a deal with T-Pain‘s Nappy Boy Entertainment via J Records. Four months after he signed on the dotted line, the Booth newcomer’s released his first official single, a club banger dedicated to his Trophy Girl. Belvin’s label boss jumps on board to spit a memorable rap verse, but this cut owes the lion’s share of its pop appeal to Danja, who delivers a Timbo-style instrumental sure to get everyone out onto the floor. So, fellas, next time you head to the local spot with your Trophy Girl in tow, call the DJ in advance and put in a request—if enough guys follow this advice, the track could easily break the Billboard Top 10.
Written by Burmy on 07/30/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)