Though Ahmad Belvin is primarily a pop/R&B artist, it’s his early-‘80’s hip-hop-influenced sound that sets him apart from the pack. That unique style has clearly worked to his advantage; A.B.‘s latest promo single, Batman, got over a million MySpace plays, ultimately netting him a deal with T-Pain‘s Nappy Boy Entertainment via J Records. Four months after he signed on the dotted line, the Booth newcomer’s released his first official single, a club banger dedicated to his Trophy Girl. Belvin’s label boss jumps on board to spit a memorable rap verse, but this cut owes the lion’s share of its pop appeal to Danja, who delivers a Timbo-style instrumental sure to get everyone out onto the floor. So, fellas, next time you head to the local spot with your Trophy Girl in tow, call the DJ in advance and put in a request—if enough guys follow this advice, the track could easily break the Billboard Top 10.
Written by Burmy on 07/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.