Though Ahmad Belvin is primarily a pop/R&B artist, it’s his early-‘80’s hip-hop-influenced sound that sets him apart from the pack. That unique style has clearly worked to his advantage; A.B.‘s latest promo single, Batman, got over a million MySpace plays, ultimately netting him a deal with T-Pain‘s Nappy Boy Entertainment via J Records. Four months after he signed on the dotted line, the Booth newcomer’s released his first official single, a club banger dedicated to his Trophy Girl. Belvin’s label boss jumps on board to spit a memorable rap verse, but this cut owes the lion’s share of its pop appeal to Danja, who delivers a Timbo-style instrumental sure to get everyone out onto the floor. So, fellas, next time you head to the local spot with your Trophy Girl in tow, call the DJ in advance and put in a request—if enough guys follow this advice, the track could easily break the Billboard Top 10.
Written by Burmy on 07/30/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.