A rising beatsmith who calls the Windy City home, A-Villa makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with the grimy lead single off his forthcoming solo set. As its title indicates, The Warrior, The Philosopher & the Rebel finds the headliner enlisting a trio of talented homies to rock the mic. M.O.P. rhymesayer Lil Fame contributes a two-fisted opener, Queensbridge mainstay Cormega gets reflective on the middle, and Killer Mike closes proceedings on a fiery, irreverent note. A-Villa’s appropriately bombastic instrumental features sampled brass fanfare, elements from Mountain’s oft-flipped Long Red break and a hook borrowed from Ghostface‘s Criminology. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the September 23, release of Carry on Tradition.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Colosseum" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.