A rising beatsmith who calls the Windy City home, A-Villa makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with the grimy lead single off his forthcoming solo set. As its title indicates, The Warrior, The Philosopher & the Rebel finds the headliner enlisting a trio of talented homies to rock the mic. M.O.P. rhymesayer Lil Fame contributes a two-fisted opener, Queensbridge mainstay Cormega gets reflective on the middle, and Killer Mike closes proceedings on a fiery, irreverent note. A-Villa’s appropriately bombastic instrumental features sampled brass fanfare, elements from Mountain’s oft-flipped Long Red break and a hook borrowed from Ghostface‘s Criminology. Feeling it? Then stay tuned for more fresh singles leading up to the September 23, release of Carry on Tradition.
Written by richard on 07/16/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Colosseum" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.