Mainstream hip-hop has backed the “If it ain’t broke, throw some more artists on there for a remix” adage for quite some time now, and from the look of the listener consensus on the original Ray Ban Vision it was only a matter of time before we heard a revamp. Legendary DJ turned producer A-Trak is back in the studio with a slew of artists (Donnis, Pill and Danny Brown) to back up the work he and CyHi Da Prynce did back in October. While this remix may work due to the sheer number of up-and-coming features, for my money none really matched the tempo from the first, and it’s CyHi’s lacking presence on this one that leaves it just short of a five-star remix (Don’t Fear the Reaper needed more cowbell, this needed more from the Prynce). However, listeners will undoubtedly be the judge of its success, not me, so if you liked this stunna shade wearing anthem, be sure to keep a lookout for A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold Vol. 1.
Written by Sigurd on 04/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ray Ban Vision" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.