Mainstream hip-hop has backed the “If it ain’t broke, throw some more artists on there for a remix” adage for quite some time now, and from the look of the listener consensus on the original Ray Ban Vision it was only a matter of time before we heard a revamp. Legendary DJ turned producer A-Trak is back in the studio with a slew of artists (Donnis, Pill and Danny Brown) to back up the work he and CyHi Da Prynce did back in October. While this remix may work due to the sheer number of up-and-coming features, for my money none really matched the tempo from the first, and it’s CyHi’s lacking presence on this one that leaves it just short of a five-star remix (Don’t Fear the Reaper needed more cowbell, this needed more from the Prynce). However, listeners will undoubtedly be the judge of its success, not me, so if you liked this stunna shade wearing anthem, be sure to keep a lookout for A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold Vol. 1.
Written by Sigurd on 04/10/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ray Ban Vision" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.