Mainstream hip-hop has backed the “If it ain’t broke, throw some more artists on there for a remix” adage for quite some time now, and from the look of the listener consensus on the original Ray Ban Vision it was only a matter of time before we heard a revamp. Legendary DJ turned producer A-Trak is back in the studio with a slew of artists (Donnis, Pill and Danny Brown) to back up the work he and CyHi Da Prynce did back in October. While this remix may work due to the sheer number of up-and-coming features, for my money none really matched the tempo from the first, and it’s CyHi’s lacking presence on this one that leaves it just short of a five-star remix (Don’t Fear the Reaper needed more cowbell, this needed more from the Prynce). However, listeners will undoubtedly be the judge of its success, not me, so if you liked this stunna shade wearing anthem, be sure to keep a lookout for A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold Vol. 1.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ray Ban Vision" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.