Mainstream hip-hop has backed the “If it ain’t broke, throw some more artists on there for a remix” adage for quite some time now, and from the look of the listener consensus on the original Ray Ban Vision it was only a matter of time before we heard a revamp. Legendary DJ turned producer A-Trak is back in the studio with a slew of artists (Donnis, Pill and Danny Brown) to back up the work he and CyHi Da Prynce did back in October. While this remix may work due to the sheer number of up-and-coming features, for my money none really matched the tempo from the first, and it’s CyHi’s lacking presence on this one that leaves it just short of a five-star remix (Don’t Fear the Reaper needed more cowbell, this needed more from the Prynce). However, listeners will undoubtedly be the judge of its success, not me, so if you liked this stunna shade wearing anthem, be sure to keep a lookout for A-Trak’s Fool’s Gold Vol. 1.
Written by Sigurd on 04/10/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ray Ban Vision" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.