While Ray Bans never really seem to go out of style, their classic Wayfarers have recently come back in a big way – ‘round my way, they seem to be the sunglasses of choice for hipsters and hip-hop heads alike. Realizing that the timeless shades are long overdue for a musical tribute, heavyweight DJ and first-time featuree A-Trak has enlisted Southern buzzmaker Cyhi Da Prince to create Ray Ban Vision, the latest leak off his forthcoming compilation album. Over Trak’s synth squiggles and buzzes, the freestyle series alum celebrates the versatility of his favorite eyewear. Whether he’s avoiding glare on the road, trying to block out an ugly face, or even getting it in, they stay on at all times: “I wear ‘em while I’m whippin, I wear ‘em while I’m f*ckin, all my women think I’m trippin’...” So, Booth readers, is this accessory-themed banger just good, or is it spectacular? If you choose the latter, you can look forward to plenty more dope collaborations on the Fool’s Gold Vol. 1 compilation mixtape, set for digital release October 25.
Written by richard on 10/18/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ray Ban Vision (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.