While Ray Bans never really seem to go out of style, their classic Wayfarers have recently come back in a big way – ‘round my way, they seem to be the sunglasses of choice for hipsters and hip-hop heads alike. Realizing that the timeless shades are long overdue for a musical tribute, heavyweight DJ and first-time featuree A-Trak has enlisted Southern buzzmaker Cyhi Da Prince to create Ray Ban Vision, the latest leak off his forthcoming compilation album. Over Trak’s synth squiggles and buzzes, the freestyle series alum celebrates the versatility of his favorite eyewear. Whether he’s avoiding glare on the road, trying to block out an ugly face, or even getting it in, they stay on at all times: “I wear ‘em while I’m whippin, I wear ‘em while I’m f*ckin, all my women think I’m trippin’...” So, Booth readers, is this accessory-themed banger just good, or is it spectacular? If you choose the latter, you can look forward to plenty more dope collaborations on the Fool’s Gold Vol. 1 compilation mixtape, set for digital release October 25.
Written by richard on 10/18/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ray Ban Vision (Remix)" (2011)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.